Wednesday 7 March 2012

My brief reflections

Excuse me! I am sorry for not being able to update my blog.

Well!, I have had a little busy beginning this year. I was asked to involve in Post Graduate Diploma In English (PGDE) programme at Sherubtse College, Knaglung from 1 January to 1 February, 2012-Winter vacation. I was more than happy to accept the offer; I thought to myself that, it could be really an exciting and experiencing moment . And It in deed was!!!.

I spent most of my winter days at Kanglung. While there, I learned more about "non-fiction prose" than I taught to those in-service-PG students. Oh!!! Let me bring you an interesting fact here: (my)students were all far better than their tutor, experience wise at least. They have joined the service much, much earlier than I did. Any way, the fact that I have honors degree in English put me to that position. I did my part. They did theirs. At the end of the month, it was all fair.

But even after those hectic days, I had yet another busy moments at my village home. I have been there for the first time since I got my job. You imagine how that could have been. It is customary in our village that whenever someone revisits their places after sometime, neighbor brethren come to see the person. They bring with them some local products: cheese, butter etc. Not the least, bottles of ara, locally brewed wine. In return, it is always expected that they be compensated with some amount of cash, and gifts (if someone is  close relatives). I was not exceptional-same applied to me too. Only then, I realised the complications associated with our custom. It is good. And it is too bothering as well at times. Please Excuse me for what I just said ! Stayed for some days anyway.

 By then, it was almost time to return to where I belong-My work place. Yes, I reached at Gedu just in time. Everything went well: We thus begun our new academic session. But as the sessions started to begin, I was sent for GNH consistent pedagogy workshop at Paro college of Education.

The workshop was for two weeks: 15-29 February. Too long.

I would continue latter............


162 comments:


  1. Very Nice and Useful Information, I am Very Excited!
    I have written Hindi Vyakaran and Sanskrit Vyakaran on My Coaching in very easy and simple language, Which is very useful for aspirants and students who want to learn hindi or sanskrit grammar.

    ReplyDelete